Repeater Signal & Noise levels
Data taken from a simple folded dipole antenna, loft mounted. Measurements
made on an ICOM IC-R8600 with a custom program.
Noise and signal levels
are made from multiple measurements with the median value being plotted.
For noise, multiple multi-sample
runs are taken and the lowest median
plotted. For signal the repeater is triggered on and the highest median
- Updated daily, usually before 07:30 local time.
- The hardware for GB7EU was changed between Apr-28 and May-03 resulting in a
- Something unknown happened to GB7SQ between 2020-Nov-30 and Dec-02
dropping the level by ~3 dB.
- Judging from the levels above, it seems that SNR is driven more by the
noise than the signal level,
although both GB3ED and GB7EE do show a gradual
- Noise is the simple average of the four dBm levels measure individually.
- Before lockdown, there was a clear pattern of lower noise at
weekends. As the antenna is in the middle
of a housing estate the
noise pattern will be different to a more industrial location.